WHAT ARE NOVATHREADS?
PDO ABSORBABLE SUTURE?
- It’s a synthetic absorbable surgical suture composed of polydioxanone. PDO sutures are used to perform cardiothoracic surgery (such as open-heart surgery). It’s one of the safest materials to be implanted in the body.
- Your skin fully absorbs it within 4 to 6 months & won’t leave you with any scar tissue.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
IT’S AMAZINGLY SIMPLE, ACTUALLY!
- In medical terms “Selective Inflammatory Response”, it is the principle behind a lot of aesthetic procedures (such as Fractional Laser, Chemical Peels & MicroNeedling). Our skin is very good at repairing itself, and by inserting NOVATHREADS we make it ‘heal’ itself by creating new collagen, naturally!
YOUR SKIN GENTLY REACTS TO THE INSERTED THREADS
- Yes, PDO is fully absorbable, but that doesn’t mean your skin won’t react to it. During the 4 to 6 months needed to fully absorb the PDO suture, your skin is also repairing itself around it.
- It’s “controlled healing” happening underneath the skin!
The first one, called the NovaMesh, consists of creating a mesh under the skin (i.e. 2 sutures inserted vertically & 3 sutures horizontally). Sort of like a #hashtag, or a net. This Mesh will serve as the foundation for our new collagen production. The NovaMesh tightens the skin naturally from within. Results appear naturally, without any drastic change!
The other technique, called the NovaLyft is utilized to produce a more dramatic and immediate result. The PDO sutures have “barbs” or “cogs”, which provide a grip underneath the skin. Sutures are inserted the same way, except they can be pulled in 1 or 2 directions, creating an instant skin repositioning. Just like the NovaMesh, the skin will then build new collagen which will secure the lift!
The NovaThreads are needles that are pre-loaded with a PDO thread. Simply insert the whole needle in the interstitial tissue at subdermal level, parallel to the surface of the skin, & pull the needle out.
The PDO thread remains under the skin.
Sculptra Butt Lift
Sculptra Butt Lift has revolutionized the way butt lift procedures are performed in Scottsdale. This safe, non-surgical procedure uses filler to enhance and provide volume to your backside for a fuller, more contoured and lifted look without the risks or downtime associated with the butt lift surgery. Ideal patients are those near their ideal body weight who wish to improve volume, proportion, and texture to their buttocks. Most patients require a minimum of 2-3 sessions, and some patients may require more treatments if they are looking for a greater enhancement. Results can last anywhere from 18 months to two years after the injections, however, there are some patients who can see improvements last much longer. This treatment can be incorporated with the PDO thread lift for maximum results.